Wednesday, July 9, 2008

How to sew a hem?



Hi,

Yesterday when I was ironing one of my pants I noticed the hem of one of it's leg was coming loose. I immediately set to work to sew the hem. Half way through I realized that may be I should have recorded it to share it with you guys, for one of our very common peeves is sewing the hem of our pants or adjusting the length of store bought pants.

Now I don't believe in reinventing the wheel, I saw on Youtube this short and comprehensive video on how to sew the hem of pants and hence sharing it with you. You can apply the same technique to any other sewing project you are doing. Measure, mark, fold, press, pin and sew and press again.

Please let me know if you are looking for any specific sewing techniques or ideas. If you would like to share something of your own you are most welcome.

Express yourself!

Jini
P.S. For many such "how to sew" techniques and ideas go to www.step-by-step-sewing.com

No comments: